Preventative Dental Care Near You
Prioritizing our dental hygiene is important in both the short and long term. Actively setting aside time to do this each day will help keep your teeth, gums, and the entirety of your mouth healthy, feeling clean, and looking good. Not to mention that the more dedicated you are when it comes to looking after your oral health, the less potential there is for serious issues to arise like decay and gum disease.
For more information about preventative dental care in Calgary, we encourage you to get in touch with our staff today! They’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Tips and Tricks
How can I take care of my smile?
This is a simple yet important question to ask. Everyone needs help from time to time and at Glamorgan Dental, our team is here to assist you with all your needs. With that said, here are some simple methods you can adopt to help prevent plaque, tartar, and bacteria from building up in and around your teeth:
- Clean your teeth every day! Dentists recommend doing this after every meal but brushing at least twice a day is acceptable too. Toothpaste with fluoride is an especially wonderful tool to help prevent cavities.
- Floss at least once a day. This helps get rid of bacteria and food that gather between your teeth that your toothbrush may not be able to fully reach.
- Avoid lots of sugary treats. Now, this isn’t to say that you can’t eat them now and then because you can. But do your best to load up on fruits, veggies, and dairy instead as this will help boost your oral health.
- Attend regular dental exams and cleanings as recommended by your hygienist and dentist. This allows both you and your dentist to stay on top of any potential issues that have developed and treat them before they develop into something more serious.
- Wear a sports/night guard. This device cushions your teeth against internal and external impacts and stops them from grinding against one another or breaking.
- Don’t use your teeth to open things.
If you’re interested in more strategies to take care of your smile, contact your dentist. They will be able to suggest appropriate means of preventative dental care near you that will benefit your unique situation best.
Schedule a Visit with Us Today!
At our dental practice, we’re here to aid all our patients, new and returning, with their oral health. We highly recommend that you come in for a one-on-one session with one of our dentists; they will physically assess your mouth, take x-rays, and discuss your medical and dental history. This information will help them give you options regarding preventative dental care in Calgary.
Call, visit our website, or drop by our location to get started!